, 2022-12-06 19:21:26,
Application Deadline: January 7, 2023
The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) is partnering with Google News Initiative (GNI) to implement a Startups Lab to strengthen a culture of independent news media in the Middle East and North Africa.
Over six months, sixteen news outlets will tackle specific business problems with support from GNI, ICFJ and leading industry experts. In addition to customized coaching, they will have the opportunity to receive a grant to advance key business goals.
- The Startups Lab is open to early-stage digital news outlets who focus on public interest journalism, fill an information gap, reach underserved communities, serve a single subject community or are exploring new ways to deliver or monetize information. News organizations based in the following countries are eligible to apply: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen. Expatriate Syrian organizations will also be considered.
Participants in the Lab will:
- Receive customized coaching related to their business goals
- Implement specific steps to advance their goals
- Learn from peers who face similar business problems
- Minimum of two full-time employee (FTE) journalists, up to a maximum of 20 FTE journalists.
- Newsrooms focused on one or more of the following:
- Public interest journalism
- Filling an information…
To read the original article from news.google.com, Click here