, 2022-10-02 02:30:00,
International travel enthusiasts, gather around. Are you tired of being cooped up due to the pandemic and thirsty for some exotic wanderlust? East Asian countries are opening up for travel post the pandemic. We will explore one of the destinations that has recently eased entry for foreigners – Japan.
Anime fans or even those who grew up watching Doraemon and Shinchan will be thrilled to explore this island nation. But of course, Japan is a lot more than just its Kawai anime.
I just returned from a short trip to Japan and there’s a lot to share. So here’s what to expect if you want to explore Japan:
Is Japan open to foreigners?
- Come October 11, 2022, Japan will resume visa-free (not for everyone though) and independent travel. This comes after nearly 2 years of shutdown.
- Japan will also remove the daily cap (50,000-60,000 visitors) imposed on the number of visitors.
- Tourists will no longer be required to book their travel through a travel agency to visit Japan.
- For those who are triple-vaccinated (that is with a booster dose) with accepted Covid-19 vaccines, a negative RT-PCR test will not be required. There’s no quarantine requirement either.
- Indian travellers will need to obtain a visa before travelling to Japan. You will need to find out which visa type suits your requirement.
- Fortunately, for the most part, the waiting time for a visa appointment is not much; unlike the crises for applying for visa for…
To read the original article from www.dailyo.in, Click here