The 8 ‘It’ Bags of 2022 So Far
, 2022-06-02 03:00:00,
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.
In middle school, I thought I would die without a velour Juicy Couture tote bag. I didn’t, but I did fall down a flight of stairs and break both my arms at once. The incident was far from glamorous, but I figured I could at least use it for sympathy and to acquire enough get well soon cash to afford the ‘It’ bag that defined the 2000s. Eventually, I had enough money in my piggy bank to convince my mom to let me buy the bag — once my arms were out of casts, of course — and I think I’ve spent my entire life chasing the Paris-Hilton-also-owns-this high that came with wearing the hottest bag of the moment.
It feels fitting that now, in 2022, the bags I grew up admiring on shows like Gossip Girl and on Y2K style icons, like the Olsen sisters and Ms. Hilton herself, are trending right as I can finally afford them — no broken body parts or sympathy cash needed (thankfully). The hottest ‘It’ bags of 2022 are, for the most part, almost entirely inspired by the trends of the early aughts. From the Balenciaga City Bag’s return to grace to a YSL bag so large it could fit at least two City Bags in it, here are some of the biggest bag trends of the year so far.
- Balenciaga Le Cagole Small Leather Shoulder Bag, $2,700; nordstrom.com
- Balenciaga Neo Classic City Croc Embossed Leather Top Handle Bag, $2,750; nordstrom.com
- Luar Ana Mini Smooth Leather Bag, $235; nordstrom.com
- Burberry Small Lola Check Quilted Leather Bag, $1,350; nordstrom.com
- YSL ICare Maxi Shopping Bag, $4,400; ysl.com
- Coperi Mini Swipe Leather Bag, $530; nordstrom.com
- Miu Miu Wander Matelassé Mini Hobo Bag, $2,200; farfetch.com
- Valentino One Stud Bag, $3,400;
To read the original article, go to Click here